Who doesn’t enjoy quick, tasty, and nutritious Air Fryer Indian Recipes? You can cook meals in an air fryer with less oil. There are many delectable options for appetizers, main courses, and sides in this selection of Air Fryer Indian Recipes.
3 Most Delicious Air Fryer Indian Recipes You Should Try
1. Onion Pakoda Air Fryer Indian Recipes
Tempura Onion Pakoda’s are crispy onion fritters in the Indian style that can be produced in the Air Fryer with a minimum amount of oil and are simple to prepare. Enjoy this onion pakora with a hot cup of masala chai and cilantro-mint chutney in our Air Fryer Indian Recipes
- I prefer using red onion for pakodas. Onions of any kind, including yellow, white, sweet, and red onions, may be used.
- A gluten-free flour predominantly used as a binding agent is besan flour (also known as grain flour). Before incorporating it into the batter, you might also briefly toast the besan.
- To give the pakoras a crunchy texture, rice flour is added. It is conveniently available in Indian grocery stores.
- Green chile: For the heat, I used 1 Thai green chili. Depending on your preference, you can either raise or reduce.
- Don’t leave out the ginger
- Fresh herbs: I enjoy using curry leaves and coriander leaves since they add a beautiful taste.
Onion Pakoda Air Fryer Indian Recipes:
- Slice thinly one large red onion (approximately 250 grams). They should not be excessively thick or thin.
- Place the thinly sliced onions in a big basin. To a mixing basin, add all the ingredients minus the rice flour, besan, and oil. With your hand, rub the onions gently.
- It helps the onions release moisture if you cover the bowl with a plate and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Add rice flour and besan after 10 minutes. Mix thoroughly to get a stiff, non-soggy mixture. The moisture from the onions should be enough to create the dough; do not add any additional water. If necessary, you can add an additional 1 to 2 teaspoons of besan.
- Add a half teaspoon of heated oil next. Pakodas remain soft on the inside as a result of this. Don’t skip it, then.
In the Air Fryer:
- Set your air fryer’s temperature to 350°F (176°C). To prevent the pakoda from sticking to the plate, spray or brush some oil on it.
- Put the pakoda mixture on the air fryer plate at this point. This dough yielded 9 large pakodas for me. You can create it in whatever size you choose.
- For 10 to 12 minutes, air fried at 350°F (176°C), or until the edges begin to brown and become crispy. Shake the basket halfway through, then mist the pakodas with oil.
- Serve the onion pakodas hot out of the air fryer, with some chaat masala sprinkled on top.
2. Tandoori Gobi / Cauliflower Tikka Bites Air Fryer Indian Recipes
Tandoori Gobi, also known as cauliflower tikka bites, is a delectable and well-known Indian-style tandoori snack recipe in which florets of Gobi (cauliflower) are marinated in a spiced yogurt-based marinade and then grilled in an oven, air fryer, stovetop skillet, or grill. It can be made low-carb/keto-friendly and gluten-free.
- In Hindi, cauliflower is also referred to as gobi. Make bite-sized florets by cleaning and cutting.
- Yogurt – For a rich, creamy marinade, use plain, full-fat hung curd or Greek yogurt.
- To ensure that paneer and vegetables are thoroughly coated and don’t adhere to the air fryer basket or pan, gram flour, commonly known as besan, is added. I softly brown and fragrantly roast it in a pan over low heat, let it cool, and then use it. You can use maize flour or all-purpose flour if you don’t have besan.
- Garlic and ginger: Use paste or finely mince them.
- Spices: I used salt, garam masala (also known as tandoori masala), chat masala, turmeric, and Kashmiri red chili powder.
- Dried fenugreek leaves, sometimes referred to as Kasuri methi, provide the food with a pleasant flavor. Simply omit it if you don’t have it. For the finest flavor, lime juice should be freshly squeezed.
Cauliflower Tikka Bites Air Fryer Indian Recipes:
- To ensure consistent cooking, clean and cut the whole head of cauliflower into bite-sized florets.
- Hanging curd, besan, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric, red chile, cumin, garam masala, chaat masala, Kasuri methi, lemon juice, salt, and oil should all be combined in a big bowl.
- Then stir in the cauliflower florets, making sure that each one is thoroughly covered in the marinade. For 15 to 20 minutes, cover the bowl and place in the fridge.
- Set the air fryer’s thermostat to 360°F (180°C). Spread out the marinated cauliflower florets in a single layer in the air fryer basket (cook in batches if required). Oil can be brushed or sprayed on the top. This prevents the cauliflower from drying out.
- For 14 to 18 minutes, air fried them at 360 F (180 C), or until the edges begin to crisp and brown. At the midway point, shake the basket. In 16 minutes, mine was cooked to perfection.
- Squeeze some lime juice over it, top with chaat masala, and serve right away with mint yogurt chutney.
3. Spicy Bombay Potatoes Air Fryer Indian Recipes
This is what you require:
- Little potatoes (gold or red)
- Oil /Spices: Salt and turmeric
- Paprika combined with cayenne or Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- Blended Coriander
- Amchur Ground Cumin (dry mango powder)
- Masala Chaat (Zesty Indian seasoning blend)
- Citrus Juice (fresh) and chopped coriander
Spicy Bombay Potatoes Air Fryer Indian Recipes:
- Baby potatoes should be washed and dried. By having them. Add salt and 2 tablespoons of avocado or olive oil to them. Put them in the frying basket with the sliced side up. They should be cooked for 10 to 12 minutes at 400°F.
- By then, the potatoes ought to be around 80% cooked. Use a knife to test; there should be some resistance when cutting through the potato. Put the potatoes back in for a further 3-5 minutes if they haven’t arrived yet.
- Then take them out of the basket and place them in a mixing dish. To coat the potatoes, add a tablespoon of avocado or olive oil and stir. After that, combine them with each spice. The seasoning adheres to the potatoes better when they are combined in a bowl.
- In the basket of the fryer, distribute them equally. Cook for five minutes at 400°F.
- When the potatoes have formed a golden crisp crust, remove the basket, give it a thorough shake, then replace it and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Lemon juice and chopped cilantro are used as a garnish. five minutes to cool before serving. Enjoy!
An air fryer can help you achieve deep-fried crispiness while using less oil and calories. These are the best Air Fryer Indian Recipes we could discover, ranging from easy weekday meals for two to well-known treats like samosas!