- 1 What is an international credit card?
- 2 Benefits of using a credit card when traveling
- 3 The 5 Best Travel Credit Card You Should Know
- 4 Some important notes you should remember when using credit card
What is an international credit card?
The Best Travel Credit Card is a card issued by domestic commercial banks in collaboration with international credit institutions to customers wishing to use, spend first, and pay later internationally. All transactions are based on the credit limit available on the credit card and the customer must pay back to the bank when the debt is due according to the regulations of that bank.
Benefits of using a credit card when traveling
As a fan of traveling abroad, you will always need at least one Best Travel Credit Card. With this versatile card, you can completely handle payment procedures for overseas activities such as hotel booking, airline ticket purchase, dining, shopping, mobile top-up… with many options. attractive promotions without having to go far.
In the current 4.0 era, in developed countries around the world, the trend of a cashless economy has begun. Therefore, owning the Best Travel Credit Card will be more necessary than ever when you are in a foreign country. With an international credit card, you also do not need to bring too much cash, helping to limit the risk of unnecessary property loss.
Finally, a pay-as-you-go credit card will be your lifesaver in times of overspending or unexpected extra expenses along the way.
The 5 Best Travel Credit Card You Should Know
1. American Express Gold Card
This is more than just a pretty card. With 4 points for every $1 spent on eating out and shopping at American supermarkets (up to the first $25,000 in purchases made annually; after that, 1 point for every $1), it packs a powerful punch. Along with the addition of an additional up to $120 annually ($10 per month) in Uber Cash, which can be used on Uber Eats orders or Uber rides in the United States
There is also an additional up to $120 annual dining credit at Grubhub, The Cheesecake Factory, Goldbelly, Wine.com, Milk Bar, and select Shake Shack locations. All of this elevates it to a very competitive position for all food purchases, which have grown to be a common spending category. For some benefits, enrollment is necessary.
2. Citi Premier Card
Due to its generous amount of bonus spend categories, the Citi Premier Card is one of the best starter travel rewards cards. There are many opportunities to earn points on your regular purchases at restaurants, supermarkets, gas stations, hotels, and more thanks to the triple-point promotion. The best part is that your points are transferable to a wide range of frequent flyer programs in every airline alliance. Lastly, take advantage of Citi’s yearly $100 hotel savings benefit on single-stay reservations of $500 or more (excluding taxes and fees).
3. Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
It is simple to understand why customers favor Chase’s Sapphire Preferred Best Travel Credit Card, which was designed with beginners in mind. Lyft rides and travel booked through Chase Ultimate Rewards earn cardholders 5X points; eligible dining, certain streaming services, and online grocery purchases earn 3X points; travel earns 2X points, and all other eligible purchases earn 1X points per $1. Tolls and Uber are both considered to be part of “travel.”
A $50 annual hotel credit for reservations made through the Chase portal, purchase and extended warranty protection, and travel-related insurance not provided by other issuers at this level are just a few of the numerous travel-specific benefits offered by the Sapphire Preferred.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred cardholders’ access to the well-known Ultimate Rewards program is the best part. Your entry point for exchanging your points for loyalty program benefits is Chase Ultimate Rewards. Additionally, you can find discounts on retailer gift cards or exchange your points for cash.
4. Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
Customers of Capital One aren’t just interested in the company’s entertaining advertising campaigns. With one straightforward feature—redeeming rewards for statement credits—the Capital One Venture Rewards significantly reduces the hassle associated with rewards cards.
The idea is fairly straightforward. When you use the card to make a travel purchase, Capital One will redeem your miles and issue a statement credit at your request. Easy! Additionally, there is no minimum redemption requirement, unlike other Best Travel Credit Card reward programs. That means you can exchange miles for your $5 pair of airline headphones if you really want to.
There is still more excitement. Additionally, through May 16, 2023, you’ll earn 2X miles for every dollar spent, 5X miles for booking hotels and rental cars through Capital One Travel, and 5X miles for every dollar spent on Turo.
If you believe that Capital One must impose a high annual fee in order to offer such generous rewards, you must be mistaken. An annual fee of just $95 will be required. Additionally, you’ll receive a reimbursement for your TSA PreCheck or Global Entry registration fee, valued at $85 or $100, respectively. It’s already yours? Instead, use it to pay for a friend’s or family member’s tuition.
5. Alaska Airlines Visa Signature credit card
The Alaska Airlines Visa Signature Best Travel Credit Card offers a lot of benefits, including the highly beneficial Alaska Airlines MileagePlan loyalty program. This card has a lot to offer, whether you’re an avid Alaska flyer or a points hoarder looking to diversify your rewards portfolio. In the beginning, you’ll get Alaska’s Famous Companion Pass for $121 annually, free checked bags for you and up to six other people traveling with you, 20% off of in-flight purchases, and more. Additionally, Alaska joined the Oneworld alliance, providing countless chances for redemption.
Some important notes you should remember when using credit card
Using a credit card while traveling is one of the convenient payment methods, especially when traveling abroad. However, reckless use of credit cards can also have potential risks such as not being accepted for payment, too expensive transaction fees, or having money stolen. To avoid the risks when using the Best Travel Credit Card, you need to keep the following in mind:
- Carry a variety of credit cards when traveling: This helps you to avoid losing your credit card, expired credit card, damaged credit card, or unusable abroad.
- Pay hotel and resort service fees one day before check-out: In case the card cannot be used, it can be handled promptly.
- Prepare to bring both cash as well as foreign currency conversion if necessary, do not bring only credit or debit cards, or visas… when traveling.
- Make sure your credit card will be used in the place you are going to travel. Learn about the features and scope of your credit card. Sign in the signature box located below the credit card magnetic stripe. Check that you have signed the signature ribbon on the back of your card because you are abroad to avoid using someone else’s card. When paying they can check by matching your signature on the invoice with the signature on the card.
- Learn about Best Travel Credit Card transaction fees, withdrawal fees, currency conversion fees before traveling, payment status restrictions, uncontrolled withdrawals, and large transaction fees service. Only withdraw money when absolutely necessary.
- Avoid abuse of withdrawing cash from credit cards, especially when traveling to other countries because service fees will be very high. Because in the world banks do not encourage cash transactions. At the same time, the number of cash customers withdraw will be charged interest immediately.
- Over-the-limit fee: If you accidentally use up your limit during travel, you can still pay over the card’s limit. In this regard, the bank will have fees to charge for the usage fee exceeding this limit (the fee is relatively high) because the bank will bear a lot of risk for this fee.